Structured Finance Specialist
A leading global commodity trading house headquartered in Switzerland is seeking candidates for an exciting opportunity to join its rapidly growing business. We are recruiting a Structured Finance Specialist to join our trading team as a permanent member to support the continued expansion of our business. The Arrow Resources group is an integrated commodity trading house, actively trading base metals, concentrates, ores, natural gas, LNG, power, crude oil and oil products.
- Develop bespoke commodity financing structures across specific commodity asset classes and transactions and take on a central role in negotiating structures with counterparties, banks, and internal stakeholders.
- Build innovative and bespoke lending structures, with an appreciation of credit, legal, regulatory and tax aspects to accommodate the requirements of the business
- Be responsible for the entire transaction process from origination and structuring to execution and life-cycle management by working with other specialized partners such as trading, legal and credit risk management.
- Support origination efforts for financing transactions and work with management to build pipeline to accommodate new projects
- Perform risk analysis on borrowers, collateral, and transaction structures, prepare credit memoranda and ensure required approvals
- Work with the legal in-house department and external legal counsel to perform legal due diligence, assess the impact of legal and regulatory issues arising in specific transactions, coordinate the drafting of transaction documents, and review loan documentation
- Provide end-to-end expert advice to management
- Develop credit appraisal and investment cases for identified project propositions
- Evaluate financial structure alternatives via financial modelling
- 5 – 7 years of structured commodity financing experience in commodity finance and asset-backed lending in the metals and mining and/or oil & gas sector.
- Solid understanding of a variety of commodity financing instruments
- Excellent knowledge of physical commodity transactions and asset-backed financing
- Experience and proven track record in structuring deals
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Sound understanding of legal framework, tax, and accounting matters
- Fluency in English - any additional language is an asset
- Master's degree / MBA qualification
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
- Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
- Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Determination to grow within the business
If this opportunity sounds interesting for you, please apply directly here.