Job description (Ref.No. 2021-02)
We are looking for a motivated, recently qualified Chartered Accountant with a keen interest in the commodities trading and derivatives environment and excellent theoretical understanding of the international Financial Reporting Standards IFRS, Swiss GAAP.
The position encompasses the following tasks:
- Keeping the books of numerous group companies, domiciled in various jurisdictions, according to IFRS .
- Execute the month end trade related accounting per profit center.
- Preparing detailed monthly PnL and working capital reviews in accordance with IFRS.
- Supporting regional offices with accounting issues and their month end closing process.
- Analysing new transactions, concluding and documenting the appropriate accounting treatment under IFRS and ensuring its application.
- Supporting traffic/operations with the preparation of ad-hoc departmental financial reports.
- Consistently challenging the status quo to ensure that activities and procedures are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Maintaining professional and technical accounting and finance knowledge.
- Guiding and advising traffic and operations on accounting day to day accounting matters.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements according to the respective requirements.
Candidates who would excel in our environment:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, with Big 4 audit firms articles experience
- 1-2 years of post-qualification working experience
- Knowledge of SAP S4 Hana Fi/Co, Microsoft Suite in particular Excel
- Advanced English language ability, both written and spoken
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS
Our preferred candidate is a dynamic person with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. The candidate shall have a strong sense of responsibility, ownership and is attentive to detail with an interest in technology and a willingness to understand the technical landscape is an absolute prerequisite.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply directly below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference number.